Chapter 5

Data has a lot of different forms, like numbers, text, and machine-generated information. the basis for the various perspectives and arguments, looking over the steps to verify the precision and importance to make sure it can be right and trusted. Data is then collected and processed to make information. By understanding how to get the data, we can gain knowledge, looking over certain points of raw data that can make for valuable information that can help in the long run and provide insight for the future to come. 

Data can look like a database, spreadsheet, or just random bunches of numbers that people understand. For "143" means "I love you" which anyone who doesn't know what 143 means would be confused and just see it as one hundred forty-three. Data represents metadata which is just data that talks about data to help understand topics and get a better viewpoint on it. Unstructured data is not organized in any way and is most known as a collection like a gallery on our phones or computers.

The typical "Do Not Track" is for people who don't want what they're looking up tacked and even though it's not used on every site some sites do have it. Like Weidner once said, this is something that teen boys should know a lot about as it brings up Private (Incognito) browsing. This lets sites not track what you looked into or what you downloaded but your ISP (internet service provider will know). Data policy has been getting more popular as the years go on since private policy plays a large role in data types/management such as user privacy and how to protect them the best. 

API or (Application Programming Interfaces) send small interactions to whatever software it's working with to help the systems get a better understanding of each other. APIs have set rules that they have to follow as well since it's made by a developer it has access to certain functions and data applications and without having knowledge of it you won't have a good understanding of how it works. 

An API that I used to use back then was called TikTok Video with no watermark, it let me download whatever video I wanted that had a video watermark and I was able to take the watermark off and add whatever I wanted to it. If I were a content creator, it would be useful to me since I'd be able to add my own logo or text.

Prev [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] Next